Monday, March 30, 2009

just a quick post

I don't know why, but I have a feeling this week is going to get busy, so I thought I'd post now before it can slip to the bottom of the list.

My muggle alterego Taryn had such a fibertastic weekend! I got home on Friday, and spun and spun, and woke up early Saturday and spun and plied and went to a local spin in (mistakenly I went with a wallet full of muggle money that ought to have been deposited in the bank, but that is too late now. I got several different rovings, a needlefelting kit as I've been wanting to learn for making little embellishments on my knitting, some books, and a surprise for Allitrya's kit! I had been hoping to find this item on sale so I could stay in the guideline (I was ready to make it myself if I had to though) but a lady had it there for 50% off! So Allitrya will get just what I hoped for (and I hope she will like it) and I'm still in the budget!y

The last item for the kit is being created by one of my fellow knitter/crafters in the area. I should be able to pick it up this week, then it will be in the mail! I guess that means I'd better sew the button on the bag finally ;)

Oh, so after the spin-in, I went to my dad's house and spun and spun, and came home and spun some more, and woke up early Sunday to spin and set the twist and make soy milk and spin and spin. And on Sunday afternoon I went to my knitting group where my buddy Tawny had brought her wheel (a beautiful Lendrum DT portable named Lemon) and I spun on a wheel for the first time! Lemon made fun of me a bit at first, but then we settled into a rhythm, and I am in love. Too bad I won't have enough saved up until June, but really, June isn't that far away, right?

Off to spin!

No comments:

Post a Comment