Monday, March 23, 2009

I gave away my hat today

This weekend I made a hat out of a skein of Misti Alpaca Chunky Handpaint in the Urban Autumn colorway. I had been pretty sure it would be my hat (but some niggling part of me knew it wouldn't stay) but today walked into work (after wearing it for a day and a half, it is dreamy) and knew my friend Jacki had to have it! She's been feeling awful lately, and there's nothing like wrapping a friend in alpaca stitches made with love!

Now I just need to find my camera.... Argh! I keep finishing things, but it has been hiding since I moved. I saw it once, briefly, but it is gone again now. And then I'll have to find it's cord... I'd rather just knit!

4 comments:

  1. Aww, come on! you gotta find it! we wanna see pix of all the great stuff you make!!
    Listen to me talk...I still haven't taken pix of all the stuff I've done.
    Really though I gotta see the hat! LOOOOve hats! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to blackmail her for a picture... what can I steal from Jacki without her noticing? She's a muggle so I need to come up with a good charm to nab something off her desk tomorrow (not any of the random crap she doesn't care about, either).... suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was really sweet of you to give it to her. I'm bad about pictures, too. I either forget to take them, or it takes a looong while to get them off my camera. I really wish I could just wave my wand and have it happen for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear the Confundus Charm is wonderful for that sort of thing. :) Not that I would know firsthand. ;) That was nice of you to give away your hat; one of those crafter tendencies, I think. ;) I hope to see pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete