Saturday, April 4, 2009

I bought a spindle today... and her name is Grace


I really love spinning, I do. But lately, I was not achieving what I wanted, not getting in the groove, per se. My mom got me a gift certificate for my favorite store ever, www.paradisefibers.net, which is actually my LYS (goodness I'm spoiled). So I got a killer new spindle, the Cascade Cougar Mountain I believe. I came home and busted out the roving I had picked up at the Spin-In last weekend and experimented with acid dyes for the first time on, and began to spin. The most luscious, perfectly even strand I have yet spun in my day. I am in love!

Grace brings something to spinning I had not known before... grace. I am pretty clumsy, and while I was spinning in the first 20 minutes on this spindle, my bf asked me a question from the other room. And without thinking, I just got up and walked in there, spinning away. Spinning and walking!!! Do you know what this means? I can walk my dog and spin at the same time now, ahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment