Tuesday, January 27, 2009

trying to decide on my owl


Since the new term starts VERY soon, I thought I'd start looking for my owl now. There aren't really any owlerys that I know of up here in the northwest, so I'm going to have to order him/her. Here are two I am considering.

First is the Barn Owl. This photo was taken of her last fall, isn't she beautiful?




I was almost settled, but then I saw this short eared owl:

So what do you think? I've never shopped for an owl before, so please give any opinions you may have. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can see why you can't decide after seeing the short eared owl, I like the short eared owl especially it's latin name of Asio flammeus, If you were choosing by latin names the barn owl is Tyto alba and you could name her Alba, super cute. I prefer an owl that I can name Fiery or Flambé, I love fireballs! Lol, I'm glad I don't have to a chose another owl, since I have a Great Grey Owl named Ginger (short for Gingersnap, lol she is known to be a bit snappy) Good luck choosing your owl

    ReplyDelete