Friday, April 10, 2009

raok'd by Hermione exclamation!






Persephone arrived today! Thank you so much Hermione! I didn't get to see her as I was at work when she arrived, but my dog got really excited! He likes owls a lot (and not in the "I want to eat you" way, but more in the "you've got feathers and I'm a giant slobbery labrador so lets be bestest friends" kind of way), and I hope he didn't frighten her too much. She had a drink, a rest upstairs away from the dog and cat (our cat would not want to be friends, sadly, so we kept Persephone's visit a secret from her), and got a few owl treats before heading out again - this is quite the trip for her!

Anyways, I love my RAOK, and my dream did come true! I came home from work after a long day/week, and there was my boyfriend with my package! Before I had even put my purse down he had his pocketknife out to open the tape (boys would always rather use a sharp object over a simple charm) - he was excited too!

Anyways, I will get pics up this weekend, but I love it! Your card is so beautiful, and the sock yarn looks so delicious! I'm about to finish up my buttercup socks (keep watching my blog, soon, my pretty) so I might just have to find a pattern so I can cast on with my new treasured yarn! The colors are so perfect and not like anything I have yet, so I can't wait!

And then, I get to dye up some Gryff colors with my old favorite, kool-aid! I have some bare yarn upstairs in the stash, so this could be a bit of weekend fun! As I've been typing, I notice that there is nothing but exclamation points! Clearly I'm excited!

The pens are perfect - my beloved set of gel pens I used to take color coded notes in virology class (part of a colledge muggle studies program about germs....) is nearly dead, and now I have a new luscious set with fantastic colors (I almost put another exclamation point, but then I changed it... seee, I can be calm). And finally, a bit of hazelnut coffee, my favorite! I will be saving this for when I make a fresh batch of soy milk to have a special treat, mmmm! See, there I go with the exclamations again - I am SERIOUSLY excited Hermione - thank you for making my day/week/etc!!!!

With that, I'd best apply my excitement to my knitting. I will add pictures to the post this weekend (ETA - done -obviously)!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so glad Persephone made it safely! I was starting to get a little bit worried, as last term I had a RAOK go MIA, and this is a long trip for her! (She's also toting my spoilee's kit!) I'm glad that you enjoyed the RAOK! :D (I like to use exclamation marks too...) ;)

    ReplyDelete