So, I cheated a bit this weekend. I did indeed go to Hogsmeade, and there is one magical property that I was particularly concerned with: once off Hogwarts grounds, you can apperate. So, there was this muggle knitting class at the LYS, a fairisle hat class. I have not learned fairisle yet, and I'm also a thrower who has been wanting to learn to pick for awhile. So, when the class began with us learning the "other" way of knitting, I was thrilled, and the colorwork that I thought would be so tedious is actually quite thrilling. It probably helps that I splurged and got a skein of Mountain Colors River Twist, which is a dream and the colors are beautiful (but the ball band is hiding, so I can't tell you the colorway now).
ETA: I found the color on Paradise Fibers's website (www.paradisefibers.net - check them out, they've got great stuff for great prices), it is Trout Creek. Silly me, I should've remembered, I had a friend in h.s. who moved to Trout Creek, MT.
Our teacher was great, the other ladies in class were a hoot, and I stayed probably much later than I ought to have. However, I don't think my late return to the castle was noticed, so I think I am ok. Now this week I've had a really hard time concentrating on homework, I just want to work on my hat!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the River Twist (and Mountain Colors); I haven't indulged in a hank of the Twist yet-just coveted at Stitches East.
ReplyDeleteNow I totally want to take a fair isle class. I'm also a thrower, and want to learn how to knit the other way, too. MMMM, I'll have to think on that. We don't have a lot of knitting stores around here, so I might have to apparate for that, too. But now we need to see pictures of your work!
ReplyDeleteWait, you apparated out of Hogsmeade? That was you!!?
ReplyDelete